About the Great Chicago Fire Festival
Redmoon, in partnership with the City of Chicago and the Chicago Park District, created the Great Chicago Fire Festival; a free event to unite Chicago’s neighborhoods and celebrate Chicago’s grit, greatness and renewal following the fire of 1871. This summer, Redmoon partnered with over 30 community-based organizations across 15 neighborhoods, bringing out its unique machinery and theatrical skill in an unprecedented city-wide conversation on overcoming and celebrating.
So, where did the vision for this celebration of community come from? For the past 24 years, Redmoon has been on a mission to transform the Chicago experience with free, magnificent events that promote civic well being by way of creativity. Under the leadership of Executive Artistic Director, Jim Lasko, The Great Chicago Fire Festival will be our biggest spectacle yet. In its inaugural year, a partnership with the City of Chicago will help usher in this first-of-its-kind festival as an annual tradition for many years to come.
Celebrating Storiesof Grit & Resilience
Leading up to the festival, we’re traveling throughout Chicago’s neighborhoods for Summer Celebrations: an unprecedented city-wide conversation around grit, resilience, and renewal in Chicago neighborhoods. Along the way we are mapping these awe-inspiring stories via The Mobile Photo Factory and a video series. The stories will come together on 10.4.14 and be put on display at The Great Chicago Fire Festival as a larger-than-life spectacle like no other.
- The night is in full swing. Join us in sin won't you? #DevilsCabaret @lagunitasbeer http://t.co/vZlPI3v250,
- If you're joining us in "hell" tonight tag your photos with #DevilsCabaret. We'll feature our favorite sinners 😈🍻 http://t.co/qUZhzrRtBl,
- And we're Chicago Reader recommended! Make sure not to miss this one, folks. http://t.co/DvRTQjps8m,
- Our friends at Do312 are running a fun contest for Devil's Cabaret tickets on their Facebook, so run on over if... http://t.co/qhp89xdbC3,
- RT @Do312: FB Contest NOW @redmoontheater Devil's Cabaret! Tell us your Sinful beer pairing and WIN TIX to April 3rd show! ->http://t.co/BPq7Urykyt,